Wednesday, July 08, 2009


When we see a great person on the world stage, and are lucky enough to with joy be able say something like, “I knew him! I knew that guy!”, what we are really saying is “My life effected their life, I am part of this”.


Remorse, that you are not up there being great too, inevitably follows.

 

Something worse happens also, and it may sound arrogant in the extreme, but I feel regretful that my life has never effected so many great lives. I have never given back greatness, to true greatness. I feel without a voice, without a witness to my life because of it. 

1 comment:

  1. Dont feel regret if you can help it Maverick, realize that all the choices you have made have got you to here right now. The future hasn't been written and the past is behind us, it is only now that we really have. Your life has effected so many lives and will effect many more and surely there is no threshold on weather they are great or not as how can one define that on what scale? You give back your most precious gift - that is your time and energy that can never be replaced. Don't be hard on yourself. Your beautiful exactly how you are.

    ReplyDelete